photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
20 Brandy Snaps
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a saucepan melt butter, sugar and molasses, stirring until butter is dissolved.
- Cool slightly.
- Sift flour with salt and ginger and add into the mixture, stirring well adding lemon juice and vanilla.
- Drop the mixture a teaspoon at a time at least 4 inches apart on a well-greased baking (cookie) sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from sheet with a sharp knife, turn over and roll around the handle of a wooden spoon (if they cool before they are rolled, return to the oven for a few moments) let cool. (These can be stored in a airtight tin container until ready to be used).
- Just before serving fill cooled brandy snaps with the whipped cream,preferably.
- Piping the cream through a pastry bag fitted with a star tube.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just not what I was looking for and had no luck with these. I have tried two other recipes and they turned out good but not great so I was trying various recipes until I find what I am looking for. Unfortunately these are not them at least for me. Maybe others will have better luck then I did. They are lacking taste and I cannot pinpoint where. My other issue with these was the time between being to hard to pull off and too soft was a far narrower window then I found with other recipes I have tried. Like I said it may have just been me messing them up and that is a real possibility so don't let my issues stop you from giving them a go as I would love to find how others faired with this recipe.