Recipe typical of Trinidad and Tobago, found on Islandfave.com. Posted for ZWT5. Super simple and sounds delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup minced ginger
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- chilled water or Sprite, to mix
- Mix the 1/2 cup of water with the ginger and squeeze through a strainer to get ginger concentrate.
- Add the sugar and the lime juice to this. Stir well till all the sugar dissolves.
- Adjust the sugar if you need to. Pour it into bottles and refrigerate.
- To serve, add a teaspoonful of this concentrate to each cup of chilled water or Sprite and mix well.
- Serve over ice in a goblet garnished with a mint leaf.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
YUMMM!!! I love ginger! I tagged this a long time ago in Adopt a Veggie Tag and it was finally nice enough to crave a drink like this! Super easy & delicious. I'd almost drink the concentrate on it's own. I agree that 1tsp per cup is very weak & barely noticeable. I measured teaspoonfuls until I liked the strength....1/4c 1c water is the way dd & I like it. :) I think this would be good added to home brewed ice tea, as well. I think I'll just mix up a big batch & keep it in the fridge in a pitcher..... thank you!Reply
Incredible easy and spicy. I love the taste and smell of fresh ginger. Ginger is as an alternative cold remedy and this recipe is perfect for this. You can use this as refreshment with soda of with hot water (codd as cold remedy). My children and all my family love this.<br/>How sweet it should be depends only on your taste. If it's hot I would suggest using more soda water and less ginger concentrate. THANKS A LOT!1Reply
Now this is a very special lemonade. Quick and easy to make with incredible results. This lemonade was sweet, tart, tangy and spicy. I used soda water instead of sprite, it worked great in this drink. I agree with UmmBinat that it was very weak with only 1 tsp of the concentrate. I used much more, but I am a lover of strong bold flavors. A lovely refreshing lemonade that will be enjoyed this summer by my guests. Thank you so much for sharing yet another winner. Made for Aussie Swap #39. :)Reply
see 8 more