- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin, roasted
- 8 -10 ice cubes
- Put yogurt in a bowl. Beat lightly with a whisk until light and creamy.
- Hold the ginger over the yogurt and squeeze out all of its liquid.
- Discard the ginger pulp in your hands.
- Add the salt and cumin seeds to the yogurt and mix well.
- Slowly pour in about 1/2 cup of water, mixing as you go.
- Add ice and mix again.
- Taste for balance of flavor.
- Pour into serving glass.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a nice accompaniment to our Indian meal. It was also very easy to put together. I grated the ginger into a little strainer over the yogurt and pressed the solids through the mesh; it was a lot easier to "juice" ginger than I expected it to be. I actually added about twice as much ginger as was called for. Thanks for the tasty drink!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Grevillia1-1-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Hebe-2-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Banners/AMBadgeGenTP2009.jpg"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/KangarooPaw-1-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/vjuhl/MEPcookathon.jpg"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/BBG-AMbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/redbannercopy.jpg" border="0" alt="New Kids Participation Banner">