Ghost Pepper Jelly!
photo by bottomsupranch
- Ready In:
7 1/2 pint jars
- 3 red chili peppers (Naga jolokia ghost chili`s, washed, drained, stems and seeds removed)
- 3 red bell peppers, washed, drained, stems and seeds removed
- 2 cups cider vinegar, divided
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 ounces liquid pectin
- Puree peppers and 1 cup vinegar in blender (be careful of your eyes HOT FUMES).
- Combine puree 1 cup vinegar and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil for 10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin and return to a rolling boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from stove and skim foam.
- Ladle hot jelly into clean hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps process 10 minutes in boiling water canner.
- Let set at room temperature for 24 hours out of drafts.
- Store for up to 1 year.
Awesome starting point recipe for me. I never follow directions. So cooking, baking is always an adventure. My loving wife is ever so tolerant that she allows me the lattitude to play with recipes. I used 4 Ghost Peppers and 1 Carolina Reaper instead of Red Chillies. Also added Orange zest and a handful of Frozen Mangos.
Very Good! I used 3 sm. to med. Ghost Peppers and there was a great flavor. If you like spice, don't be afraid to add another one or few. My fiance who cant do more than Medium Salsa was okay with the heat I came out with. Followed recipe and yielded 6 full 8 oz. jars to put up and another one 2/3 full that I'm eating now. Thanks for the recipe!
see 10 more reviews