German Romaine Salad With Westphalian Vinaigrette
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 tablespoon German mustard
- 3⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Westphalian ham, diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 4 romaine lettuce hearts, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, chopped (optional)
For the vinaigrette:
- Spoon the mustard into a medium bowl. Whisk in half the oil and half the vinegar until blended. Add remaining oil and vinegar, and whisk until blended. Whisk in water, and season with salt and pepper. Or, use a food processor.
- Next, place prosciutto in a small skillet on medium heat and sauté until it begins to brown. Add the minced garlic and brown together for a few seconds. Add vinaigrette and cook just until warm.
- Meanwhile, loosen each Romaine heart on 4 individual salad plates. Crumble blue cheese onto the lettuce, the optional hazelnuts, and drizzle with the warmed prosciutto (or Westphalian, better) dressing. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><br /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt= /> <br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif alt= /> <br /></a><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Zaar%20Food%20Photos/SassyBanner.jpg alt=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Zaar%20Food%20Photos/SassyBanner.jpg /></p>