Gazpacho from Jamie Deen
photo by Jane from Ohio
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 lbs tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers, garlic, bell pepper and shallot to a large bowl
- toss together with a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add to blender and blend until smooth (you may have to do this in batches) I left mine with very small pieces of vegetables).
- Then drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar with the blender running.
- Place back in the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for flavors to develop and soup to chill.
- Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle with olive oil to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!