Garlicky Pasta Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 -15 large garlic cloves, to taste, peeled and sliced very thin (tip ( use a garlic mandolin)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried basil (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package pasta
- shredded parmesan cheese (optional) or romano cheese (optional)
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Scatter garlic slices over oil and saute, stirring constantly, until just golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, and seasonings; stir together and bring to a simmer. Turn heat down and simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, while you cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Serve sauce spooned over hot pasta; top with shredded cheese if desired.
- For Vegan option omit the cheeses.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!