Garlic Roasted Potatoes
This is a wonderful recipe from Gourmet Magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 1⁄2 lbs yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as yukon gold
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir together oil and garlic in a large bowl.
- Peel potatoes and diagonally cut crosswise into 1/2" thick slices, discarding ends.
- Toss slices with garlic oil, then arrange in 1 layer in a large shallowbaking pan (1"deep) and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Roast potatoes in lower third of oven until undersides are golden brown and crisp, about 1 hour.
- Turn potatoes over with a metal spatual and roast until tender, about 15 minutes more.
- Season potatoes with salt and transfer, crusted sides up to a platter.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Note: Do NOT use a dark aluminum baking pan (including non-stick) for this recipe because the potatoes will burn.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent easy, do ahead recipe. I was not sure what you meant by diagaonally peel the potato so I just peeled them but I think with partial peel on they would be very attractive. I rinsed the potato slices in cold water (prevent discoloration), dried them on a paper towel and slipped into a zip lock bag with the garlic oil mixture. Left them in there until I wanted to bake them. Used a baking stone and they were perfect in 50 minutes. Beve this is a super recipe MM that garlicReply
see 5 more