Garlic Pea Puree
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup dried split green peas, rinsed
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 cup green peas (fresh, cooker, or frozen, thawed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped seeded tomatoes
- In a 1-quart saucepan, bring the water to a boil; add in the split peas and garlic.
- Return to a boil.
- Decrease heat and simmer, covered, 1 1/2 hours.
- Place the pea mixture, green peas, oil, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor container fitted with a steel blade.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Add tomatoes and pulse once or twice to combine.
- Variation-add 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers when you add the tomatoes.
- Serve with pita chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!