Garlic, Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
4 to 6 servings.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- If you've got a melon baller, scoop out some of the mushroom's insides.
- Chop all mushroom bits finely.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients and blend well.
- Add more oil if mixture looks dry.
- Should look shiny.
- Lightly oil an oven proof-serving dish
- Use a spoon to stuff mushroom caps and place in oiled baking dish
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tops are browned and mushrooms are soft
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I subbed for water also, with no egg as some of the reviews did..... I added bacon bits 1st in the mushroom, then added the panko breadcrumb mixture... I added just a touch of soy sauce before I baked 30 minutes..... After the big mushrooms were done, I added more cheese and baked 5 minutes more..... OH MY Gosh......... Thank U .... This was to good Michael
I used 4 field mushrooms (weight of 100g each), 1 cup of fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon (5 cloves) minced garlic, 1/4 cup grated parmesan and 4 tablespoon olive oil (didn't need the egg); this filled the 4 mushrooms with a little extra parmesan on top and took 30 minutes to cook. Thank you Dancer for the recipe.
Delicious! I had some roasted garlic I needed to use up and 3 huge white mushrooms, so glad I used them for this recipe. I didn't use the egg, to be honest, I forgot it but it didn't seem to matter, they were soooo good!! Also sprinkled some extra parmesan over the top of the mushrooms. Mine were done in about 25 minutes. Thanks for sharing a really tasty treat!!