photo by Tuck Burnette
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Choose a broad skillet, like a 12-inch sauté pan, it is not good to do them in batches, because the first ones would soak up all the oil.
- It does not matter if they overlap.
- Put in the oil and all the garlic cloves, and a pinch of salt if desired. Turn the heat to medium and cook until the garlic wilts, and turns gold, crushing it into smaller pieces as it is cooking.
- Turn off the heat, set the skillet aside for one good hour ( or as long as you want), then strain, or well-remove the garlic from the oil, and discard, or use for other things.
- Cook the croutons over medium heat stirring and tossing very often, seasoning with salt and pepper as nessecary, until golden and delicious.
- Use for salad, or soup, keep at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!