Frozen Chocolate Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- chocolate curls (optional) or chocolate chips (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add cocoa alternately with milk; mix well.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- If desired, garnish with chocolate curls or chips.
- Serve directly from the freezer (pie does not need to be thawed to cut).
- **Freeze time not included in "cook" time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This pie is delicious! As a child my Momma used to buy Banquet frozen pies on occasion... this tastes just like it, only better! I did make a few minor changes. I used a 9 inch graham cracker crust, only partially thawed the whipped topping, and I used a 16 ounce tub of whipped topping, reserving 8 ounces for the top of the pie. My dh went crazy over this pie, when he finished his first piece, he told me to be sure and save the recipe. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with us!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a native Texan and have lived in North Texas all my life. <br />I have a wonderful husband and we celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on July 15, 2014! <br /><br /><a href=/\\expio1\users\jwilliams\My></a>I have three beautiful boys aged 17, 15, and 15. <br /><br />And then there's my little girls, Daisy & Chloe. Daisy is a terrier mix and Chloe is a Maltie-Poo.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/67103/smPACp.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt=/ /></p>