Fries With Onion Gravy
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Inspired by the fries served at 4-Way Lunch, Cartersville, GA.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 lb French fries, cooked crispy
- Heat oil in a 12-inch frying pan over medium heat and add the onions.
- Cook slowly over med-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are deep golden brown, being careful not to burn the onions toward the end of the cooking time.
- Stir in the flour, add 1/2 cup beef broth, and stir well.
- Cook, stirring, over med-low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup more beef broth, mixing well, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining broth, mix well, and cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Season gravy with pepper (and salt, if needed).
- Assembly--Preheat broiler.
- Place cooked fries on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the fries and place under the broiler just until cheese melts.
- Remove from broiler, place fries on a serving platter, and pour the Onion Gravy over the top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION