MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Jazz up your green veggies!
- Ready In:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder (or more to taste)
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 3/8 inch diagonal slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine egg and water in a shallow dish.
- Combine breadcrumbs, basil and garlic powder in another shallow dish.
- Dip zucchini slices first into egg mixture, then in crumb mixture to coat evenly.
- Let set on cooling rack.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Fry zucchini in hot oil for 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn zucchini over and cook for 3 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- (Or deep fry 3 minutes in vegetable or canola oil.) Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was really good! I had to make a lot of substitutions though lol. I used flour instead of breadcrumbs, and garlic salt instead of powder. I also omitted the basil and used my homemade Emeril's Essence instead. I needed quite a bit more flour...probably like 3/4 cup for one large zucchini. I will definitely make this again! Thanks!Reply
see 8 more