World's Best Fried Zucchini
I have loved this ever since I was a little girl. It takes a while to make but it's really easy and totally worth it. Cooked zucchini is the best!! **However, I must mention that I use garden zucchinis for this recipe that tend to be quite a bit larger than those purchased in a grocery store. If you are using smaller zucchinis, you will need less of the coating mixture.
- Ready In:
- 1 large zucchini (1/4-inch slices)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper, as needed
- butter, as needed
- Heat electric fry pan to 250°F.
- Mix eggs and milk in bowl.
- Soak handful of zucchini slices in mixture.
- Lightly shake them off and coat them with flour.
- Place each slice in the fry pan with plenty of butter.
- Repeat until all slices are in the pan.
- Cook until each side is dark brown.
- Salt and pepper slices to taste.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love cooking, but I am notoriously bad at frying. This recipe sounded so easy that I figured it was the fix for the gigantic zucchini in my garden. Nope. I gave it 2 stars because it was edible. I figure that one star is inedible. But I don't think the recipe is to blame. I am terrible at frying. I need to stick with Indian, Thai, and Mexican dishes.Reply
Instead of a frying pan try a deep fat fryer. Also instead of just flour add equal parts of ground crackers, it gives it a nice crunch. Place the slices in the flour and crackers first then into the milk and egg wash, then back into the flour/cracker mix. Then place in deep fat fryer about 360 for about 7 minutes flipping them over halfway through. Place on paper towel and dip in ranch dressing. My family can't get enough if them.Reply