Fried Okra Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen breaded okra
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, small chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, small chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- Fry okra according to package direction. Cool to room temperature.
- When okra is room temperature, gently stir in green onion, bell pepper, tomatoes and bacon.
- In separate bowl, mix together sugar, vegetable oil and vinegar until well blended.
- Pour dressing over okra mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Chill to allow flavors to blend.
- I don't salt my recipes, but feel free to add salt, if needed to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the California desert with my husband and (2)Golden Retriever mixes. My favorite cookbook is my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook and there are stains on it to prove it. I've had my Betty Crocker cookbook for 25 years! Between that and watching my mom cook (she is excellent, by the way) from the time my nose was as high as our kitchen counter, I've become a pretty good cook. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes. 'Zaar has been such fun to do that with! Luckily, my husband doesn't seem to mind being the guinea pig! When we have the chance, we spend weekends camping at the Colorado River in AZ. If I had an entire month off with no worries about the next buck, I'd spend time with my family in No. California and time with my husband. Anyplace he's at would be allright with me!