Fried Chicken With Seaweed (Nori)
- Ready In:
- Cut off the nerves of the chicken. Cut the chicken in cubes, into pieces of the same size. Put the chicken pieces in a bowl.
- Mix the soy sauce, mirin and the piece of ginger in a jar, spread this mix over the chicken; make sure the chicken cubes are well covered with the marinade. Let it stand for 15 minutes, and slip of the excess of marinade.
- Mix the nori with the cornstarch, and with your fingertips, coat lightly each chicken cube with the mix. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet at medium heat. Fry 6 or 7 chicken pieces at the same time until they are golden, turning them from time to time. Put the chicken pieces on absorbent paper.
- Serve with cooked steamed rice, pickled ginger (gari) and cucumber slices.
- Decorate with more nori laminates, if you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This actually saved a dinner. All the recipes I tried that night were new and this was the only one that turned out well! It was a bit on the salty side, I'll cut down on the soy sauce next time (maybe it was just the type I used) and I'll coat the chicken 2 or 3 more times so they'll be nice and crispy. I really loved this though, and will keep making it. Thanks Cris =)