Fresh Blackberry Muffins
These scrumptious muffins have a cake like texture and are great for breakfast or as part of a brunch menu. From the R.S.V.P. section of an August 1989 issue of Bon Appetit magazine. The recipe was requested from the White Swan Guest House, a bed and breakfast in Mount Vernon, Washington.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease eighteen muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Using electric mixer, cream 1/2 cup butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar in large bowl until light.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into small bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients into butter mixture alternately with milk; fold in berries.
- Divide batter among prepared cups; sprinkle 4 t. sugar over.
- Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.