- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 ounces round grain rice, wash, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes and drained
- 10 fluid ounces milk
- 10 fluid ounces double cream
- 2 ounces sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all the ingredients in the top part of a double saucepan. Half fill the bottom part with boiling water and place over a moderately low heat.
- Cover the pan and cook the mixture, stirring occasionally for 50-55 minutes or until the rice is soft and has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Remove from the heat and pour mixture into a 1 pint souffle dish. Allow to cool to room temperature, then place in the refrigerator to chill for 3 hours or until set.
- Serve cold, with stiffly whipped cream or fruit compote.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi, I'm Sandie. I live in London with my two little kittens (6 months at the moment...May 06)and work as a Finance Administrator in a university department. I love to cook, but live on my own so don't do as much as I used to. Like making cakes particularly. In my spare time I read, I like to go to the theatre and cinema, I make beaded jewellery and do some patchwork & quilting and other needlework. .....Ooh....and, of course, I love to eat out!! <a href="http://www.amazingcounter.com"><img border="0" src="http://c8.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=1680318&c=5041267" alt="amazing counters"></a><a href="http://www.1-coupons.com/coupons/kohls.htm">Kohls Coupons</a> <a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view¤t=tish1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish1.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">