Fluffy Bread Stuffing
photo by Georgia O.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 1⁄2 loaves white bread
- 1⁄3 bunch celery, use just the top third,chopped (including leaves)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt (can you tell I like garlic salt??)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, mixed with
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- Tear bread into small pieces into a large bowl.
- Saute' the celery, onion and carrot in a frying pan with margarine until tender.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pepper, poultry seasoning and garlic salt over bread and lightly toss to mix.
- Add sauteed vegetables, mushroom soup mixture and eggs to the bowl of bread pieces.
- Mix until blended.
- Empty mixture into a 2- quart well-greased casserole dish.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for an additional hour at 300 degrees.
- Outside will be crunchy, and while the inside is fluffy and moist.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a pastor's wife and mom of 7 and grandmother of 13 and 57 years of age.. LOVE to cook... and share my foods.. I am from Ukrainian descent and have lots of recipes from that as well as many others at my Recipe Heaven. http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/5892/Recipeheaven.html