Flourless Butterless Italian Hazelnut Cookies (Brutti Ma Buoni)
- Ready In:
- Preheat to 325°F Line two baking sheets with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Pulse nuts and sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites and salt in another large bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Using a silicone spatula, fold the egg whites into the nut mixture. Add vanilla and gently but thoroughly mix until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a disposable piping bag and snip off the tip. Pipe the batter on the Silpat, making sure to keep a uniform size under 1 inch in diameter, as well as maintaining a fingers distance between cookies.
- Tap the baking sheet a few times on the counter, this will help spread the cookie and give a flat cookie with a good snap.
- Sprinkle the cookie batter with the sliced hazelnuts.
- Place the baking sheet in the centre of the oven and bake until golden brown, 5-7 minutes. Switch the pans back to front. Keep an eye on it; it goes from golden brown to brown very quickly, given the tiny size.
- Let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Gently transfer the butterless cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for upto a week. But I bet it won't last that long.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!