Finnish Cucumber Salad
Kurkku Tilli Salaati.Posted for ZWT VI.Chilling time not included.
- Ready In:
- 2 cucumbers
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 dash white pepper (optional)
- Rinse the cucumbers. Do not peel, but score the skin by peeling the lines of a fork lengthwise through the peel.
- Slice cucumbers into very thin slices. Put into bowl with a lid.
- Mix the dressing ingredients.Pour over the cucumber slices and toss lightly.
- Cover with a lid and shake to coat evenly. Chill several hours to allow flavors to blend.
- It keeps well for days!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a deliciously refreshing dish! The marinade produced very crisp and subtly-flavored dill cucumbers. I ended up marinating the cucumbers for a couple days just because I got so busy, but I think it's what led these to be soo crisp - which I just loved! In the future I will continue to marinade these for at least a day. This complimented my tuna sandwich perfectly! Thanks for sharing! I have placed this recipe into my weekly cucumber rotation. I will definitely be making this again!