Finnish Beef Liver Bake
photo by aevil
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Boil the rice in the water and milk until the rice is done - not all the liquid is vaporised, you should end up with a watery mixture. Cool.
- Chop the onions finely and fry until soft.
- In the cooled down rice-milk mixture, mix in the liver, onions, egg, raisins and the spices. The mixture should still be quite runny.
- Pour the mixture into a buttered shallow oven dish, put some knobs of butter on top.
- Bake for 1-1,5 h until brown.
- This would traditionally be served with lingonberry jam, but any red tart jam like cranberry should be good.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
After living in England for seven years, we moved to Vancouver Canada end of 2004. Culinaristically the journey couldn't have been much longer - I've discovered the joy of cooking and baking all over here. Recipezaar is giving a brand new way of doing this - and makes husband happy too.