photo by Mawera K.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 13mins
1 9-inch cheesecake
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (10 ounces)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow sweet pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ripe olives
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro (optional) or 2 bunches parsley (optional)
- Combine tortilla chips and butter; press onto bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in cheese, chiles, and ground red pepper.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Place on a bed of fresh cilantro or parsley, if desired.
- Gently run a knife around edge of pan to release sides, and let cool completely.
- Spread sour cream evenly over top; cover and chill.
- Arrange green pepper and remaining ingredients on top as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!