Fiber One Pie Crust
- Ready In:
1 pie crust
- 2 cups Fiber One cereal (original)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons splenda artificial sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Crush the Fiber One cereal in a sealed bag or process in a food processor until a crumb consistency.
- Melt butter and combine all ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Press mixture firmly into a 9" pie dish or springform pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Do not brown.
- Remove and let cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is exactly the low calorie, high fiber pie crust I have been looking for, with the exception of the 1/4 cup margarine or butter, which I substituted with 1 large banana. I got this option from a vegan whole wheat pie crust which used a banana mixed with the flour. I cut in the banana into the fiber one powder much like you would with margarine. Before I pressed it into the pie pan I added a bit of water to make it stickier. I used the back of a tablespoon dipped in water to press and roll side to side. My Calculation of the nutritional values of 1/8th of crust is 46 Calories, .6 grams fat, 55mg sodium, 17 grams carbs, 7.5 grams fiber, 2.5 grams sugar, 1.2 grams protein.