- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1in chunks
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and cut into 1in chunks
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and cut into 1in chunks
- 2 small fennel bulbs, trimmed and cut into 1in chunks
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, lightly crushed
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- Heat 2 tbs of the oil in a pan, add the eggplant and fry until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan, then fry the onion for 5 mins until lightly browned. Add the garlic and fennel seeds and fry for 1 min, then add the peppers and fry for another 5 mins until soft.
- Add the zucchini and fennel and fry for another 5 minutes Return the eggplant to the pan with the chopped tomatoes and some seasoning.
- Part-cover and simmer for 30 mins until all the vegetables are tender and the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly. Stir in the dill and some seasoning to taste.
- Serve or set aside to serve at room temperature later.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)