Fennel, Cucumber & Red Onion Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 large red onion
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Trim the base of the fennel and remove the leafy green tops.
- Using a mandolin or food processor slice very finely and place in a large bowl.
- Skin the red onion and slice finely as above. Add to the fennel.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and remove the seeds with a small spoon.
- Slice finely using a peeler and add to the fennel and onion.
- Mix the vinegar, 4tbs of the oil and freshly ground black pepper together. Pour over the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Leave to infuse at room temperature for a couple of hours and just before serving add the dill.
- To serve, arrange on a large plate and spoon over the remainder of the olive oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)