Fat Free, Dairy Free and Delicious Sweet Potato Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour (or all purpose if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute, granulated (I used splenda granulated)
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (I over baked a sweet potato and processed it)
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute (or 2 eggs)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (I used sugar free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract (optional)
- Stir together flour, salt, baking soda and sugars.
- Into a larger bowl wisk sweet potato, appleasuce, maple syrup, and extracts.
- Combine flour mixture into sweet potato mixtue and mix.
- Bake in sprayed loaf pan for 60 min at 350 or until toothpick comes out clean.
Join The Conversation
This is actually the moistest bread I have ever baked. Its near non-fatness is undetectable. I bake gluten free, which can sometimes mean accepting a certain amount of denseness or dryness (and I forgot xanthan gum this time) but it came out absolutely perfect and I couldn't keep my hands off it.<br/><br/>I used regular maple syrup, not sugar-free, and white sugar (dextrose actually) and not brown. I made the applesauce from scratch. I ended up with not quite enough sweet potato so I added more applesauce to compensate. I needed some of the two eggs for another recipe so I whipped these up and then stole some for that, so it wasn't quite 2 eggs either.<br/><br/>I actually like less-sweet things so this recipe was too sweet for me, but most people would find it perfect.<br/><br/>I ended up baking it for almost 90 minutes.