- Ready In:
- 3 cups regular oats, uncooked
- 1 (2 1/8 ounce) bottle sesame seeds
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package salted sunflower seeds
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) package sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine maple syrup and next 5 ingredients; pour over oat mixture and stir well.
- Spread evenly in a 15"x10"x1" jelly roll pan; bake for 30 minutes or until golden, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Turn oven off and leave in hot oven an additional 5 minutes; remove from oven.
- Stir in raisins and dates; let cool.
- Store in airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is such a nice granola recipe, went togehter easy and by not stirring when it came from the oven had some nice chunks in it that both DH and I enjoy for snacking. The flavors all seem to compliment each other and I followed the directions exactly. I'm going to enjoy this as cereal too. Wondering how long it'll hold in it's air tight container as I'd love to have on hand when all my kids come to visit next week? Just may have to make again! Made for ZWT 2011
I have my own granola recipe that I"m in the habit of making...but always on the look-out for more. First time for me including dates in a granola recipe...and won't be the last. What a great addtion gail. I omitted the coconut for the fat content and also cut back on the oil and syrup. Added in one scoop of vanilla whey protein powder (a must for me since I don't eat meat) and also included a handful of flax seed. I doubled this recipe as I keep a big zip-lock baggie of this in my freezer for topping my fruit/yogurt. I can never get enough granola and this recipe is a great addtion to my recipes. Made for Scandanavian Tag in KK's forum.