Extra Moist Coconut Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Prepare cake according to package directions and bake in 9x13x2 inch baking pan.
- Cool 20 minutes and remove from pan and onto a large platter or jelly roll pan.
- With toothpick, make holes in cake at 1-inch intervals.
- Heat evaporated milk, sugar and flavoring and pour over cake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight so that cake weill completely absorb milk sugar mixture.
- The next day spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake.
- Sprinkle on coconut.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- May be served as is or topped with fresh strawberries or peaches.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This turned out really nice even though I used a yellow butter mix! I'm a coconut fiend too so to bump up the coconut I skipped the evaporated milk and used a can of Coco Lopez sweetened coconut milk that you find with the stuff for mixed drinks like Pina Coladas. Do not use the UN-sweetened coconut milk found in the Ethnic/Indian food--not going to do the same thing:) Made fresh sweetened whipped cream cut with the Cool Whip since I didn't have enough CW and had some cream to use up. Simple awesome recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.