"Jiffy" Extra Moist Carrot Cake
photo by Demandy
- Ready In:
- 1 package jiffy yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix (dry)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple
- 3⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cake mix, pudding, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add eggs, oil and water to this mixture.
- Mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the pineapple, carrots, pecans and coconut.
- Blend well.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch round cake pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
According to crenita2 on the yahoo ricecooker recipe group, this recipe can be made in a rice cooker! She mentions: "Grease the rice cooker pan well- I put a piece of parchment paper on the bottom of the pan. Mix together the cake mix, pudding, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add eggs, oil and water to this mixture with mixer for about 1 minutes. (I did it by hand) Add the pineapple, carrots, pecans and coconut. Blend well. pour into pan and hit cook. takes about 30-40 minutes."
We made this in the rice cooker and it was great! It took about 1.5 cycles of the cooker to get the doneness we wanted. I also used coconut cream pudding mix because we didn't have vanilla. We topped it with some store bought cream cheese frosting. We'll definitely be making this again. Perfect size too! Thanks Barb!
Lovely cake! I also used the pineapple juice. I haven't seen a Jiffy cake in years. Corn bread, yes, but the stores in my area don't stock Jiffy CAKES. I used half a regular Betty Crocker mix. The cake came out perfect. I frosted it with cream cheese frosting #68975 cut down to 1/4. It's almost gone. DH is thrilled (he ate most of it). I was hoping it would be dessert for two days at least.
see 3 more reviews