Moist Coconut Pudding Cake
photo by Seasoned Cook
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix (2 layer)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) instant coconut pudding mix
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, pour vanilla pudding mixes, cold milk and water. Beat and mix well until blended. Pour over cake batter in pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour. Remove and put topping on.
- TOPPING: Mix coconut flavor pudding mix with 1 cup of cold milk. Pour over chilled cake and sprinkle with coconut.
- Keep refrigerated. Pudding cake will increase in flavor as it mellows in refrigerator after one day. Time does not include refrigeration time.
Questions & Replies
Hi! I made this recipe using The Coconut Cream Pudding mix & a Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix After pouring pudding mixture over the cake I sprinkled on slivered almonds. And for the frosting I’m going to use Cream of Coconut & heavy cream My hubby loves Almond Joy candy bars. I’ve made the Almond Joy Cake & he asked me if I was trying to give him a heart attack because it was so so rich. He’s 61. I’m hoping this cake hits the spot( but not his heart). It’s in the oven now & after chilling it probably until tomorrow I’ll whip up the frosting. Fingers crossed that it tastes as good as it sounds. Thank you for the recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Thanks for taking the time to stop by My Page! I am married to a quiet, but fun loving guy who cleans up the kitchen!! I have grandchildren who I adore. I am retired from being a paralegal and a real estate agent. I have also been a substitute teacher for the elementary grades in the public school system. All of my recipes are the tried and true type. Many of them have come from my 48 years of cooking, my mother's recipe box or other relatives. I like Taste of Home magazine and I am a big fan of foodnetworkTV. I am a southern girl and enjoy comfort foods!!! I am a big cookbook collector and have been for years. I enjoy baking desserts most of all. I also enjoy games on my laptop, growing flowers, lunches with friends, babysitting grandchildren, photography and traveling. Since life is so short I try to count my blessings each day and give to the less fortunate. I had gotten into a rut on what to cook. Therefore, I am so happy I found the Recipezaar site. Pet Peeve: People with a negative attitude. MY RATING SYSTEM: 5 stars - Excellent in taste. May have minor change. 4 stars - Adjustment in ingredients for flavor. 3 stars - Fair, but not sure whether I would repeat. 2 and 1 stars - I do NOT give. Zaar EVENTS IN WHICH I PARTICIPATED: Aus/NZ Swaps #15,#16 April, May 2008 Aus/NZ Swaps #20#21#22 Sept Oct Nov 2008</p>