Emeril's 1-2-3 Lasagna (Lasagne) for Kids
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon spices (it calls for Baby Bam)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups homemade pasta sauce (it calls for Recipe #220831) or 5 cups store-bought pasta sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, using a large wooden spoon, stir together the ricotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup of the grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of the grated mozzarella cheese, the Baby Bam, salt, parsley, basil, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Spread 1 cup of the Best Basic Red Sauce in the bottom of a 3-quart casserole dish. Lay 3 lasagna noodles lengthwise in the dish. The noodles should not overlap or touch one another.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and spread it evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese evenly over the ricotta. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, for a total of 4 layers of noodles. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top layer of tomato sauce. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese .
- Cover the casserole tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour .
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the casserole from the oven and discard the aluminum foil. Return the dish to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Using the mitts or pot holders, remove the casserole from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Although my son refused to help me make this, he did enjoy eating it. I used a store-bought sauce and regular noodles (not no-cook). This did take longer than I expected to put together, but it was much faster than a traditional lasagna. I did need to leave it in the oven for an extra 10 minutes to cook the noodles completely. Can't wait to see how the leftovers reheat. Thanks!
This makes a delicious and not too spicy lasagna. I was very happy to find a good meatless version; and can see how it would appeal to kids. I followed instructions exactly, except I used Bootsie's Louisiana seasoning for the "BAM" because I didn't want to fool with making a batch of Bam. I started assembling it into a 2" deep 9 x 13 pan and had to move it into a 3" deep pan as it wouldn't fit. I used all but about 1 1/2 cups of Emeril's sauce and it set up very nicely. I had never used no-boil noodles before and was quite pleased with the results. They do have a slightly different texture than traditional noodles. It was all very successful and now I have a lot of single servings of Lasagna in my freezer! Marg, thanks for a excellent recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the changes to the email notifications and removal of private messaging, I am no longer able to respond to questions about my recipes. Yet another feature change that has made the website less user friendly. It's sad to watch a fantastic site deteriorate over the years. Some of my recipes are on my blog.