Egg Salad Sandwich on 8" Bread Loaf
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Use good-quality whole-wheat bread. Have tweaked the original recipe a bit. The recipe is from marthastewart.com. We serve something similar to this for the residents and they just love it!
- Ready In:
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and roughly chopped
- 8 -10 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 -2 scallion, green parts chopped (optional)
- pimiento (jarred and chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- mayonnaise, for spreading
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder or 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mild Madras curry powder (optional)
- 1 loaf round bread (8-inch loaf, cut in half crosswise)
- Dijon mustard, for spreading (optional)
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 bunch arugula
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, mayonnaise, chopped scallions, if using, mustard powder or dijon mustard, celery, salt and pepper to taste, crispy bacon, pimentos and curry powder, if using.
- Gently mix until combined.
- Spread the inside of the bread halves with a layer of mayonnaise and mustard, if using.
- Line the bottom half with radicchio and arugula leaves, and top with the egg salad.
- Cover with the top half, and cut the sandwich into wedges.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION