Easy Restaurant-Style Macaroni and Cheese
This makes 2-3 servings but can easily be doubled, and is so simple to make! You can even mix the cottage cheese into the mac and cheese mixture if desired instead of topping it.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups elbow macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese, finely diced (or use 6 ounces processed cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream, unwhipped
- black pepper (optional)
- cream-style cottage cheese (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until just firm-tender; drain but do not rinse.
- Place the cooked pasta in a large bowl.
- Add in the Velveeta, shredded old cheddar cheese and whipping cream (use more whipping cream if desired for a creamier texture) mix to combine, then season with salt to taste and pepper if using.
- Place in serving bowls, then top with desired amount of creamed cottage cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION