Easy Potato Wedges
photo by Late Night Gourmet
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely-cut
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into wedges.
- Blend other ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Stir potato wedges into the mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Place potato wedges on cooking sheets, flat-side down.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Flip the potato wedges over so the other side gets cooked. Rotate pans front-to-back and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt on the potato wedges if desired and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have two teenagers who keep things very busy around our house during the daytime. I also work long hours at Ford Motor Company, and I do want to spend time with my family every day. If I try to cook when my kids have their friends over, I'm certain to be interrupted. In other words, my available times for cooking are very limited. I don't want to give up on anything I love - my family, my job, my cooking - so I do most of my cooking after everyone has gone to bed. My wife is a teacher, so this can be very late at night during the summer. Sometimes, I don't get started with my prep work until 12:30 a.m. Am I crazy?? Maybe. I'm also constantly working on healthier ways to prepare food. I deconstruct every recipe I like, and try to make it with healthier ingredients. The big challenge is keeping the food tasty. I believe it's possible to enjoy what you eat and still be healthy. I lost 15 pounds in 6 months largely by preparing my own food (and exercising). If I didn't keep such loony hours, I'd call myself "The Healthy Gourmet".