Easy Pesach (Passover) Chremslach
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese (or 1 cup cottage cheese)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup matzo meal
- butter (or oil for frying)
- Beat together eggs, cream cheese, milk, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl. (The original recipe called for cottage cheese, but I only had cream cheese and I loved the result anyways.).
- Stir in matzo meal and mix well. You should have the consistency of pancake or latkes batter. Add milk to thin or add matzo meal to thicken.
- Heat a thin layer of butter or oil in a skillet on medium. (Careful, I learned the hard way that butter can burn easily if it gets too hot.) Drop spoonfuls of batter into the skillet and fry, flipping each chremsel when it browns on one side.
- Should make about 14 medium sized chremslach, which can feed 2 adults if it is the centerpiece of your meal. (Though if hungry, I could polish off most of the plate by myself.) For a nice touch, you can dust them with powdered sugar or serve with maple syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!