Easy Peeling Boiled Eggs
Easy to peel is number one when you are boiling eggs. When I was in catering, we boiled about 5000 eggs a year, maybe more. This was our method, and one I use at home today. I have scaled it down for your home kitchen.
- Ready In:
- Place eggs in pot, cover with enough water to rise 2" above the eggs.
- Place over high heat and bring to a boil, uncovered.
- Turn to med high heat, hot enough that the water is still boiling.
- Set the timer for 8 min's.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again.
- With the eggs still in the pot, cover with cold water,then add the ice.
- Let stand for 5 min's before peeling.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
thank you very much for that helpful recipe :)) it was really easy to peel that eggs, but i must tell you, i think i came behind your secret of peeling that eggs ;) all i will say is, these eggs are really w-h-i-t-e!:) i dont want to let the others notice, so thats all i can tell, it always easier being white:) thank you again:)
I reviewed this recipe years ago and continue to use it as a guide whenever I boil eggs. From time to time I will go to "My Reviews" just to remind myself how long to "boil" and how many minutes to "chill". It's still my favorite formula for boiling fresh farm eggs. However, today, July 4th, 2013, there was either a web site glitch OR they have made web site changes AGAIN that I don't understand. I was unable to find this recipe in "My Reviews". No words matched. So I am re-reviewing in order to bump this up and to let other know this is the perfect formula for easy to peel boiled eggs.