Easy Mexican Rice Bowl (No Meat)
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (not drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel (original, not drained)
- 5 ounces saffron rice mix (packaged like Mahatma)
- shredded cheddar cheese, to taste
- sour cream, taste
- tortilla (optional)
- Cook rice per package instructions.
- In the meatime, cook beans, corn and Rotel over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes or until desired consistency. Don't make it too thick.
- Scoop rice into bowls, pour hot mixture on top.
- Finish by topping with cheese, sour cream with tortillas heated on the side. Can use as burrito stuffing for leftovers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!