Easy Easter Cookies
photo by Karen=^..^=
- Ready In:
- 2 (18 ounce) packages refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- food coloring
- decorative candies
- Bake cookies according to directions.
- While cookies are cooling divide the frosting into 4 (or more) small bowls. Put one or two drops of food coloring in each bowl and stir until color is uniform. I use yellow, red, blue and green food coloring. You can make a purple by putting one drop of red and one drop of blue food coloring into frosting.
- When cookies are completely cool frost cookies. Top with decorative candies. Allow cookies to "dry" so the frosting doesnt stick to everything.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Super easy recipe for decorated cookies. I've never used canned frosting to decorate cookies and it was a breeze. I made Philadelphia Phillies cookies (to celebrate their recent win) by making a Phillies logo on the printer and then cutting it out. I laid it over the frosting and sprinkled with red sugar crystals.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Married mother of twins. I very seldom ever use recipes as they are written, always modifying and adjusting them. Many times I will take three or four different recipes and come up with a new recipe based on those. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg">