Easy Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 250 ml vegetable oil
- 165 g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4 medium carrots)
- 90 g chopped walnuts
- 225 g self raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 125 g cream cheese
- 30 g soft butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 240 g icing sugar
- Grease 15cm x 25cm loaf pan or 24cm round cake tin.
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl, stir well. Pour mixture into pan.
- Bake in moderate (180C) oven ~1 hour.
- Stand cake 5 minutes, turn onto wire rack to cool.
- Beat cream cheese, butter and lemon until light and fluffy, gradually beat in icing sugar.
- Spread cake with frosting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!