Easy Buttercream Icing
- Ready In:
- 1 cup vegetable shortening, white
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla, so the icing will stay pure white
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon meringue powder
- 1 pinch salt
- For stiff consistency icing (flowers), dissolve salt in water.
- Cream shortening, vanilla and water in a standup mixer.
- Mix the meringue powder into the icing sugar.
- Add the sugar to the mixer about a 1/4 cup at a time on medium speed.
- Whip icing on high for a minute or so until creamy.
- For medium consistency icing (boarders, writing), add 1 tbsp + 3 tsp of extra water.
- For thin consistency icing (icing a cake), add 2 tbsp + 6 tsp of extra water.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!