Easy Blue Cheese Crostini
- Ready In:
23 crostini (approx)
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, finely crumbled
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 23 slices from a French baguettes, cut into about 1/2-inch thick (you might get more than 23 slices from the baguette)
- sugar, for sprinkling
- Set oven to broiler heat.
- In a bowl mix together blue cheese and butter.
- Spread and divide the butter/cheese mixture equally on top of the bread slices.
- Arrange the slices on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle VERY light with sugar.
- Broil until topping is just browned and the cheese softens (about 1 minute).
- Transfer to a serving platter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thanks for another great recipe KittenCal! Wow, these are good! I was looking for an easy last-minute appetizer for Thanksgiving, and found this. I didn't have a baguette on hand, but I did have a loaf of rustic sourdough bread in the freezer and it worked just fine. I used a mesh tea-ball to sprinkle on the sugar. Interesting flavor combination...but it works :).