Easy Baked Seitan
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From "In the Living Well" website. I use a tsp of fake chicken broth powder as seasoning. These can be shaped into strips for stir-fries too. Very forgiving recipe.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon seasoning (choose any you like – sage, thyme, cayenne, garlic salt, etc.)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 375. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Once all the dry ingredients are mixed in, knead the dough with your hands for several minutes until thoroughly mixed.
- Then, roll the dough into a log and cut it into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place each of the slices on a lightly greased baking sheet and spread the dough with your fingers to thin them. Bake on a low oven rack for 10 minutes.
- Flip the seitan strips and bake on the other side for five minutes.
- Once finished, dip them in ketchup or BBQ sauce, stuff them in a pita pocket as a sandwich, toss them into tacos or fajitas, or add them to your favorite salad or pasta. You can do almost anything with the as you would chicken strips.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION