- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lb steak, thinly sliced
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons red chili paste (AKA kochujang, a spicy Korean chili paste)
- 4 tablespoons soybean paste (AKA Dwenjang, a Korean fermented soybean paste)
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 medium potato, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 chilies or 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 2 (10 ounce) packages extra firm tofu, cubed
- In a large pot, heat sesame oil over medium heat. Add beef and saute until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add the pastes and chili powder and stir until dissolved.
- Add the garlic and potato, and cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetable and tofu, and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Stir gently to avoid crumbling the tofu.
- Serve with rice and kim chee.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!