Dried and Fresh Fruit Compote
Sounds great but is as yet untried by me - so many great recipes and so little time !!! Preparation/cooking time does not include time soaking overnight.
- Ready In:
- 160 g dried apricots
- 100 g dried peaches
- 100 g dried pears
- 100 g sultanas
- 150 g pitted prunes
- 2 apples
- 4 sticks rhubarb
- 2 pears
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Mix together all dried fruits.
- Cover with boiling water.
- Leave in a sealed container overnight to soften.
- Peel all fresh fruits and cut into quarters.
- Place in saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to boil and simmer till soft - about 15 - 20 minutes.
- When soft, drain and combine with drained dried fruit.
- Allow to cool, refrigerate before serving.
- Can be served hot or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A healthy sweet treat. Made as written, although using a little less water than what was called for as I did not wish to drain and did not want it to soupy. The mix of fruit with the light cinnamon is a great start to the day. My great grandfather always started his day with stewed fruit and eggs. We sprinkled granola on ours. Thanks for the post.Reply