Dreamy Russian Cream Dessert
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin, plus 1/4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (Knox)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- strawberry, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches (any combination cutting larger pieces into bite-sized)
- Heat water, sugar and gelatin over medium heat stirring until the gelatin dissolves and becomes clear. Do not boil; cool slightly. Beat in sour cream until smooth. Add almond and vanilla extracts. Fold in Cool Whip until smooth.
- Pour into a 9 x 9 inch square pan and chill overnight or until set. Serve with your choice of fruit.
- Note: Can also be poured into a lightly greased mold. To unmold wrap a damp, warm dish towel around the mold. Invert mold onto a plate, holding mold and plate together, shake slightly to loosen. Gently remove mold and center dessert on plate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!