Double Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oats, plus
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup regular semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1/4 cup more semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 -4 tablespoons applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg white
- 2 tablespoons prune puree
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, cocoa through raisins.
- Mix with whisk and set aside.
- Mix together all wet ingredients in a medium bowl until fluffy.
- Make a well in the dry ingrendients, pour wet into the dry.
- Mix well.
- With sprayed hands, form about 6 large cookies, place on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes for soft, chewy cookies or 10 minutes for dry cookies.
- Remove from pan and let cool on cookie racks.
- Store in tupperware, wax paper between cookies.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation