Disney's Miso Salmon
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- 1 cup white miso
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons sake or 3 tablespoons white wine
- olive oil
- 1 English cucumber (depends on number of servings)
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce (depends on number of servings)
- In a food processor, combine miso, mirin, sugar, chili, ginger, and sake. Puree until you get a fine blend. Add 1/4 cup of water while blending to loosen marinade. Take the marinade and separate 1/4 cup and sit to the side.
- Cut the salmon to desired sizes and then coat salmon pieces with marinade. Let the salmon sit in the marinade out on the countertop for 2 to 3 hours.
- 15 minutes prior to cooking, slice cucumbers and romaine lettuce. On serving plates, create a salad and then place in refrigerator to keep cold.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil and wait for a light smoke to appear off the surface of the pan. Gently place the salmon filets in the pan and go for a light sear (1-2 minutes).
- Flip fish over to the other side, pour the reserved marinade over the top and place in the oven for about 8-10 minutes. Fish should be fully cooked, flaky and tender.
- Plate salmon on top of chilled cucumbers and romaine lettuce. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!