MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is a variation of a Puerto Rican dish that my husband always said he loved to eat, when he was living in New York.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken giblets
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion top, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and fresh pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 cups raw rice
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Boil the chopped giblets in salted water until very tender. Reserve this liquid for cooking rice (adding more water if necessary).
- In heavy, deep skillet start pork sausage on low heat and as soon as fat begins to cook out, add onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Continue cooking on low heat, stirring occasionally, until all vegetables are soft.
- Add cooked rice, giblets, green onion tops, parsley, salt and pepper, cajun seasoning and stir all together thoroughly, but lightly. If possible add some drippings from the fowl or meat which you are serving.
- Do not let parsley and green onion tops scorch. Best when made a day ahead. Freezes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION